Grant Writing & Preparedness
Grant and report writing are vital fund raising activities for most nonprofits. Funders are increasingly seeking more refined proposals that may include logic models, demographic and other data, evidence-based programs, innovation, evaluations, and more. While most nonprofits have the knowledge, experience, and capacity to deliver their services, the challenge of securing funding from multiple sources that have challenging technical requirements may be elusive. With ignite, you now have a professional resource you can work with and count on.
We believe grant writing is about more than just winning proposals; it’s also about clarifying organizational priorities, crystallizing program design and strategies, bringing multiple stakeholders together around shared values and vision, articulating organizational strengths to external audiences both new and old, and much more. We see grant writing as a strategic program design tool that, when done well, helps position an organization's long-term success.
We are prepared to effectively work with four types of organizations on grant writing and grant preparedness:
- Nonprofits with no development executive on staff
- Nonprofits who want to outsource their grant writing
- Nonprofits looking to produce highly competitive grant applications for government agencies and national foundations
- Nonprofits that are over-extended and under-staffed
We offer a variety of fund raising and grant writing packages that can be tailored to your specific needs. We offer extended packages of six-months to a year that include writing highly competitive LOI’s and grant proposals, participating in debriefs with foundations following award announcements, and helping you build long-term relationships with foundations and other funding sources. We also offer a suite of prospecting, editing, grant writing, and proofreading options designed to meet your needs whether your staff’s bandwidth is being stretched or you want to engage in highly competitive, complex grant opportunities.
You will always find us prepared to help you achieve your organization’s goals. We are much more than writers; we are experienced, committed professionals with years of experience in nonprofit fund raising and program development who are prepared to help ensure the long-term success of your organization and its programs.
Grant Writing Services We Provide
- Prospecting: We research grant opportunities, develop a list of the strongest matches that align with your organization, and provide recommendations.
- Grant Writing – Foundation Grants: We write your letter of inquiry (LOI) and grant application, and complete your proposal ensuring it’s thorough, highly competitive, and submitted on time.
- Grant Writing – Local, State, and National Government Grants: Government grants are often quite rigorous and technical; we have a history of securing these challenging grants. We will ensure your organization qualifies as an applicant prior to writing the narrative and completing the application package.
- Grant Writing – Consultations: We offer private coaching sessions to you and your staff to provide insights on why you may not have received funding in the past and what you can do to be more competitive in the future.
- Grant Writing – Proofreading and Editing: We provide proofreading and editing services for grant proposals prior to submission to ensure your message is clear and that you’ve followed the specific instructions provided by the funder.
- Grant Preparedness: Not every nonprofit is quite ready to write grants or is prepared for competitive funding. Let us help you assess your organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and grant readiness and help you prepare for successful grant awards. It may be as simple as knowing how to respond to specific types of questions or you may need to commit to addressing some program or organizational issues. To learn more about how we can help on program and organizational issues click here.
Contact us today to discuss how we can support your organization’s work.